Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How old do you think I am?

No joke.
These 3 conversations occured just in the last month.
Actually, two of them in just the last week.


Incident #1

Paige: Mom, do you know Clara Barton? (it sounded familiar, but will never admit to my children that I have forgotten just about every single thing I learned in school.)
Me: Hmmm...tell me who she is again?
Paige: (here starts a very impressive detailed explanation of the woman who was given the name "Angel of the Battlefield", and ends with......) ....it happened a long long time ago, like when you were a little kid, during the Civil War.

Incident #2
Kaylee: Isn't it crazy that when you were in High School they had just come out with the t.v., and now they have things like i-pads?
Me:  You seriously think that the t.v. JUST came out when I was in HIGH SCHOOL?
Kaylee: I don't know? (She's realizing she might be in trouble.)

Incident #3
(On our way to the bus-stop the kids and I were talking about dreams.  Paige asked what I dreamed about the night before, and I said I couldn't remember).
Tanner: Paige, old people can't remember stuff.
Me: (I got nothin')


So, if this is the last time you hear from me, I probably went senile or died from old age.  I am somewhere around 150 years old, you know.




3 comments:

goodliffe family said...

I don't think you're old, because if you are old then I have to be old too. Telling my husband the other day how I always thought my parents were old so I wondered if our children viewed us as old too. I love reading and seeing your family in your blog. BTW I bet you are an amazing YW Pres!

k said...

That is incredibley funny. Tell your kids they have to do more research before they ask questions about your age. Hah!

Leigh said...

Too funny.